Gallipoli movie starring Mel Gibson.
||Gallipoli documentary "The Fatal Shore"
Time to buy nibblies & water.
||Tour departs from front of the hostel. From here you will drive to the ANZAC Battlefield area to start an emotional & memorable tour.
On tour you will visit:
- Kabatepe War Museum & Simulation Centre
- Beach Cemetery (John Simpson's Grave)
- ANZAC Cove
- Ari Burnu (First ANZAC landing place)
- Lone Pine Cemetery (Australian memorial)
- Johnston's Jolly (Walk in the ANZAC trenches)
- View Shrapnel Valley
- Turkish Memorial
- The Nek & Walker's Ridge
- Chunuk Bair (Main New Zealand memorial)
- Return to TJs TOURS Agency & Hotel in Eceabat.
- Please tell us before tour if you would like us to research or locate an ANZAC grave. There are no registers out on the peninsula.
TOURS RUN DAILY
The tour includes a 4-5 hour guided tour of the ANZAC area, all transportation, lunch & museum entrance fee.
- There are very few toilets in the battlefield area. Go before tour!
- There are also very few bins so please collect your rubbish & put it back on the bus so we can dispose of it responsibly later on.
- Take your bathers/togs/cossies/swimmers for a swim at lunchtime when & if time & weather permits.
- There are no shops at the battlefields, so remember to buy water & nibblies before you leave Eceabat.
- Remember to take sunscreen & a hat if you're not fond of direct sunlight as there is minimal shade available. Shorts are fine to wear on the peninsula but remember to wear sensible shoes as you will be walking on uneven ground at times & there are snakes in the area.
Times change according to the season & weather conditions.