Note: This travel package is flexible prior to 23rd April & post 26th of April, if you intend to arrive anywhere outside the below dates we can accommodate your travel needs be it hotels, transport, day tours, airport transfers or simply any assistance you might need during your stay.
23rd April 2018, Istanbul - Gallipoli Peninsula
It is important that you inform us one week prior to the start of your package if you intend to forfeit your bus trip and intend getting to Eceabat on your own from another destination. We ask that people who have already stated this in previous emails still contact us one week prior to confirm their plans.
Pick-up in Istanbul : 06:00 : Meet your bus group in front of the Hagia Sofia Mosque (pink mosque), opposite the Blue Mosque in Sultanahmet, Istanbul. Look for our representative holding the TJs TOURS sign. Bus times are essential. The buses can wait for no-one.
Please be on your bus at least 10 minutes prior to stated times for immediate departure. The offsiders will mark your attendance for boarding purposes.
07:00 Depart for Eceabat from Istanbul. There will be a comfort stop half way at a station/cafeteria, where you can buy snacks. Quick check in to accommodation. Lunch at a local restaurant & commencing Gallipoli tour.
Drive to the Gallipoli Battlefields & ANZAC sites. 5 hour tour visiting:
- Brighton Beach
- Beach Cemetery (John Simpson's grave)
- ANZAC Cove
- Ari Burnu - first ANZAC landing place
- Dawn Service Site – seeing the layout will give you an idea of where to head for good views
- Lone Pine - main Australian memorial
- Johnson's Jolly - walk in the original ANZAC & Turkish trenches & view the tunnels
- Turkish memorial
- The Nek - main scene depicted in the movie Gallipoli
- Chunuk Bair - main memorial for the New Zealand soldiers
- Return to TJs TOURS Agency & Hotel.
24th April 2018, Troy
Tour departs at 07.30am from TJs Hotel in Eceabat where you will cross the famous Dardanelle waters and proceed to the ancient site of Troy, 36km south of Çanakkale.
Our local english speaking guide will tour you around the 9 city ruins on the site of Troy explaining the people from the era, their houses and culture and the reason for the final destruction of each city.
The commentary is filled with mythical stories of the site and surrounding areas while filling you in on the history of the excavations, the excavators and their findings.
At the site you’ll be shown around:
- A replica of the wooden horse that you can climb into for a photo.
- Excavation information centre which holds exhibits from the work underway.
- The fortification walls of Troy Vl with its tower and gateway entrance.
- Temple of Athena - the focal point of a great annual festival in honour of the goddess Athena.
- Schliemann’s trench - the discoverer of Troy?
- The entrance ramp to Troy ll.
- The sanctuary - an important religious centre of its time.
- The odeon – intended for the presentation of musical performances.
- Current excavations in progress.
19:00 Join the convoy of TJ's TOURS buses for departure to the Dawn Service site where we will grab a space in the large crowd & wait, listening to the pre dawn program.
25th April 2018, ANZAC Day Services
05:30 Dawn Service commences as the sun breaks the skyline behind the Turkish Sphinx.
07:30 While waiting for your bus to transfer you to the next service you can eat breakfast at ANZAC Cove or feel free to tell your leader that you want to go exploring; take your breakfast pack & walk the ridges & old trenches to the next service. Australian &/or New Zealand National services. (Service times for these have yet to be released)
Lunch at restaurant back in town.
Late afternoon buses depart for Eceabat, where you will check into your accommodation, have a shower & a well-deserved sleep.
19:30 Screening of the Gallipoli movie.
26th April 2018, Gallipoli Peninsula - Istanbul
08:00 - 10:00 Breakfast awaits.
11:00 Depart for Istanbul. Bus will drop you off as close to possible to your choice of accommodation in Istanbul. There will be a comfort stop en-route. End of tour.
OPTION 5 : 4 days : £245 GBP
ANZAC Day Tour included:
- ANZAC Day services
- Fully guided Gallipoli tour
- Entrance included
- Fully guided Troy tour
- Turkish/English speaking guide on bus
- Private coach, return Istanbul (+12 GBP for Selcuk or Kusadasi)
- 3 nights accommodation
- 3 breakfast
- Video screenings
- Entrance fees, unless stated.
- Meals, unless stated.