Tour departs at 12.30 am from TJs Hotel in Eceabat where you will cross the famous Dardanelle waters and proceed to the ancient site of Troy, 36km south of Çanakkale.
Our local english speaking guide will tour you around the 9 city ruins on the site of Troy explaining the people from the era, their houses and culture and the reason for the final destruction of each city.
The commentary is filled with mythical stories of the site and surrounding areas while filling you in on the history of the excavations, the excavators and their findings.
At the site you’ll be shown around:
- A replica of the wooden horse that you can climb into for a photo.
- Excavation information centre which holds exhibits from the work underway.
- The fortification walls of Troy Vl with its tower and gateway entrance.
- Temple of Athena - the focal point of a great annual festival in honour of the goddess Athena.
- Schliemann’s trench - the discoverer of Troy?
- The entrance ramp to Troy ll.
- The sanctuary - an important religious centre of its time.
- The odeon – intended for the presentation of musical performances.
- Current excavations in progress.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- All transportation including ferry ride and private bus.
- Entrance fee.
- 1 Lunch
Times change according to the season & weather conditions.